Friday, June 10, 2011

A Crappy Night

Long story short, he(the most recent guy I've gone on two dates with) said some words to hurt me and I was hurt. It was only after I confessed that I liked him he began to have a change of heart and confess that most of what he said wasn't true. Hmmm....That makes me suspicious, at least. But hopefully it never happens again.

“In a dating and courtship relationship, I would not
have you spend five minutes with someone who belittles
you, who is constantly critical of you, who is cruel at your
expense and may even call it humor.”
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “How Do I
Love Thee?,” New Era, Oct. 2003, 6.

Hopefully, it never happens again. It shouldn't because....
"I hope that in the future, years from now, if you remember tonight, it will be because it was the last night I ever spoke an unkind word to you.I really care about you. I hope you don't forget that either. No matter what I may say or do that makes it seem otherwise."

So, I won't forget his promise because it will be immortalized on this blog.



As a side note, I would also like to mention that I use that quote often. I believe that everyone who is single and even married should have it memorized or at least lived by its principles because I knew a guy last summer that I met in the same circumstances as this guy and he turned out to be a deceiver. Thought it was funny to make me cry. Haha, that is all. Just stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment